mixed feelings

Erfahrungen, Begegnungen, Meinungsaustausch zum Fahren mit Blinkern am Fahrrad
Antworten
jtekken@gmail.com

mixed feelings

Beitrag von jtekken@gmail.com »

I installed a blinkerset on my older Mongoose MTB bike which has a Bafang BBS02 48V 750W set installed, 19.1Ah 48V battery.
The installation took a long time, but it was to be expected.
Unfortunately, the lights do not work as they should when they start using the engine. Blinkerbox restarts cyclically and emits various melodies ... After this "end", the buttons are in "hold and flash mode".
I tried to connect both to the special output of the motor for 6V light and to the headlight. For me, the system is out of tune. It probably bothers him with voltage spikes downwards or interference from the motor .... I connected two 18650 batteries in a plastic box and it works, but it is necessary to watch other batteries and I didn't want that.
After 200km, the rod holding the front turn signal broke. the material is quite weak and the thread weakened it even more and there was a crack during the rides. However, it is necessary to say that I am sending me a new part without any problems. For me, it's handy, but if I knew how it worked with Bafang, I wouldn't buy it yet. As another negative sees the threaded bracket on the rear turn signals, where there was paint and it could be screwed badly.
The positive is the communication between the owner of the company and a well-packaged product.
Jakub

velorian

Re: mixed feelings

Beitrag von velorian »

Hello Jakub,

vielen Dank für Dein Feedback. Bisher hat kein anderer Kunde ähnliche Probleme beschrieben und eine Lösung anbieten können. Ich verstehe bisher nicht, warum der Anschluss an die 48V Batterie die gleichen Effekte an der Blinkerbox hervorgerufen hat, wie der Anschluss am 6V Ausgang des Motors. Wir haben eine Anfrage an Bafang bzgl. des Problems mit dem BBS02 Motor gestellt und warten noch auf Antwort.
Der Betrieb der Blinkerbox an den beiden 18650 Batterien als temporäre Lösung ist eine gute Idee.

Wir haben uns ebenso Gedanken um die Universalhalterung gemacht und eine verbesserte Version in Auftrag gegeben. Ich werde Dir ein erstes Exemplar zum Testen zukommen lassen, sobald es soweit ist.

Viele Grüße Eckehard
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Jakub,

Thank you very much for your feedback. So far, no other customer has described similar problems and been able to offer a solution. I do not understand so far why the connection to the 48V battery caused the same effects on the turn signal box as the connection to the 6V output of the motor. We have made an inquiry to Bafang regarding the problem with the BBS02 motor and are still waiting for an answer.
Running the blinkerbox on the two 18650 batteries as a temporary solution is a good idea.

We have also thought about the universal mount and have commissioned an improved version. I will send you a first sample for testing as soon as it is ready.

Many greetings Eckehard

jtekken@gmail.com

Of course thanks to the mount, I'll try the holder and report. :-) As for the engine, I don't know why the blinkerbox is interfering. Otherwise, the engine is fully OK, I have no problems with it. I would be quite interested in Bafang's statement.
I connected the turn signal position on the main battery, the Lezyne Hight Volt 800 power headlight with power up to 800 lumens and it works without any problem. There will also be some control electronics with this light. Its start is slowly reaching full power and it has a memory of the last mode selected. The light is connected via the XT60 connector in parallel with the Chinese cheap set (front and rear lights with horn) and everything works together to my full satisfaction.
I may order you a button with a diode, because it is difficult to touch in winter gloves and sometimes it is not enough to use all the turn signals. I often go to work at night. However, I assume that the LEDs in the button only light up when the signal is pressed? Or do they shine and flash when used? That would be more useful for me.
Thank you Jakub

velorian

Beitrag von velorian »

Ich denke, Du meinst die Status LED https://shop.velorian.de/Status-LED-im- ... -mm-Lenker, die zusätzlich zu den Tastern/Schalter angeschlossen werden kann. Sie blinkt mit den Blinkern mit und zeigt damit die Funktion der Blinker an.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you mean the status LED https://shop.velorian.de/Status-LED-im- ... -mm-Lenker, which can be connected in addition to the buttons/switches. It flashes along with the turn signals and thus indicates the function of the turn signals.

jtekken@gmail.com

Yes, I know about this improvement. It would be better for me if the buttons were constantly lit and flashed when using the turn signal. But these are small things ... :-) But at least it's better when turning off the turn signal. I understand the main benefit of diodes, but I can see on my turn signals, I don't have a cargo bike.

Antworten