alpha22 bug?

Houston, we have a problem
Antworten
SRB22

alpha22 bug?

Beitrag von SRB22 »

Hello,

I installed a "Blinkerset" with the newer alpha22 and a "Blinker-Schalter" about a month ago and it is working nicely, except for one thing: on rare occasions the signal doesn't stop when I return the switch in its central position. The signal just goes on and on and I have to "switch it on and off again" to stop it.

It doesn't happen often - say less than a dozen times in the first month of use, but it's very annoying: As the clicking sound is relatively quiet, I don't always hear it (especially when the traffic is busy around) and having a turn signal indicating something else than what I intend to do is much worse than having no indicator at all. In some situations, it could get quite dangerous.

Has anybody encountered this problem? Where could be the fault? Switch? Blinkerbox firmware? wiring?

As a side note, this is my second installation and the first one never had the same problem. Similar installation, except the box is an alpha21.

Thanks for your help!

mumpel
Re: alpha22 bug?

Beitrag von mumpel »

Hallo!

Ich vermute, dass es der Schalter ist. Versuch es mal mit einem richtigen Blink-Schalter (siehe Link).
-------------
I suspect it's the switch. Try it with a real blink switch (see link).

https://www.louis.de/artikel/blinklicht ... r=10032903

Gruß, René

velorian

Beitrag von velorian »

SRB22 hat geschrieben: Mi Okt 12, 2022 7:53 pm Where could be the fault? Switch? Blinkerbox firmware? wiring?
I know of no comparable case. I think its the switch. Please send an e-mail to contact@velorian.de, refer to this posting and we will send you a new one.

Best regards
Eckehard

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

velorian hat geschrieben: Fr Okt 14, 2022 11:49 am Please send an e-mail to contact@velorian.de, refer to this posting and we will send you a new one.
I just sent the email. Thanks for the good service! :-)

Antworten