Replacing blinkerbox alpha21 with alpha22?

Houston, we have a problem
SRB22

Re: Replacing blinkerbox alpha21 with alpha22?

Beitrag von SRB22 »

Thanks Eckehard!
velorian hat geschrieben: Di Aug 30, 2022 8:37 am The quiescent current of the alpha22 is only 0.8 mA compared to the 10 mA of the alpha 21.
Wow! from 10mA to 0.8mA? That's an amazing improvement!

I'm still hesitating... replacing the alpha21 with an alpha22 would very probably solve my immediate problem, but connecting to the main battery would be even better. Still, I'm afraid damaging the headlight circuit if it's not designed to cope with more load than it already has.

I'll have to think about it.

Anyway, thanks for your detailed information! :-)

Matthieu

mumpel

Beitrag von mumpel »

velorian hat geschrieben: Di Aug 30, 2022 8:37 am Der Ruhestrom der Alpha22 beträgt nur noch 0,8 mA im Vergleich zu den 10 mA der alpha 21.
Nurnoch 0,8mA? Da lohnt sich das Messen nicht mehr. ;)

mumpel

Beitrag von mumpel »

SRB22 hat geschrieben: Di Aug 30, 2022 9:26 am

Wow! from 10mA to 0.8mA? That's an amazing improvement!

I'm still hesitating... replacing the alpha21 with an alpha22
But that is of no use to you if your step-up converter is working inefficiently.

Das nützt Dir aber nichts wenn Dein StepUp-Wandler ineffizient arbeitet.
Still, I'm afraid damaging the headlight circuit if it's not designed to cope with more load than it already has.
Just ask in the pedelec forum and I'm sure someone will be able to say something.

Frag mal im Pedelec-Forum, da kann sicher jemand etwas dazu sagen.

https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index ... tronik.15/

mumpel

Beitrag von mumpel »

Another tip if you want to work with an external battery:
A 12V battery. In addition, a relay board with monostable relays. The relay is switched via the light connection. Relays typically require 50 milliamps at 400 milliwatts. The light connection should be able to cope with that. You can easily build the relay board yourself. You need a monostable relay, a rectifier diode and the contacts. Soldering experience would be an advantage. Then you don't have to switch it on and off manually.

Noch ein Tipp, falls Du mit externem Akku arbeiten möchtest:
Einen 12V-Akku. Dazu eine Relaisplatine mit monostabilen Relais. Das Relais wird über den Lichtanschluß geschaltet. Relais benötigen meist 50 Milliampere bei 400 Milliwatt. Das dürfte der Lichtanschluß verkraften. Die Relaiplatine kann man auch leicht selber bauen. Man benötigt dafür ein monostabiles Relais, eine Gleichrichterdiode und die Kontakte. Erfahrung im Löten wäre von Vorteil. Dann muss man nicht manuell ein- und auschalten.

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

Funny, somebody suggested using a relay on Endless Sphere today too. Good idea, that might be a good compromise. Thanks! :)

mumpel

Beitrag von mumpel »

Aber einen 12V-Akku für die Blinkerbox. Mit der Smartphone-Powerbank wird das nichts.

But a 12V battery for the indicator box. That won't happen with the smartphone power bank.

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

mumpel hat geschrieben: Di Aug 30, 2022 9:19 pm Aber einen 12V-Akku für die Blinkerbox. Mit der Smartphone-Powerbank wird das nichts.

But a 12V battery for the indicator box. That won't happen with the smartphone power bank.
Any product you'd recommend?

mumpel

Beitrag von mumpel »

SRB22 hat geschrieben: Di Aug 30, 2022 9:02 pm Funny, somebody suggested using a relay on Endless Sphere today too. Good idea, that might be a good compromise. Thanks! :)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 2#p1730362

Ich habe mal zwei Beispiele für eine Relaisschaltung erstellt. Version 1 ist ohne Freilaufdiode, Version 2 mit Freilaufdiode. Version 1 sollte aber für 12V-Systeme reichen.

I have created two examples for a relay circuit. Version 1 is without a freewheeling diode, version 2 with a freewheeling diode. Version 1 should be enough for 12V systems.

Es gibt auf eBay auch ein Fertigmodul. Bei diesem muss aber an der mit "13V" bezeichneten Stelle eine Diode eingelötet werden, damit die Schaltung auch an 12V genutzt werden kann.

There is also a finished module on eBay. In this case, however, a diode must be soldered in at the point marked "13V" so that the circuit can also be used with 12V.

12V Relaisplatine Monostabil

SRB22 hat geschrieben: Di Aug 30, 2022 9:27 pm Any product you'd recommend?
Z.B.: https://www.i-tecc.de/shop/lifepo4-batt ... ah-mit-bms

Dazu noch ein passendes Ladegerät. Das bitte beim Händler erfragen.
In addition, a suitable charger. Please ask the dealer about this.
Dateianhänge
Schaltmodul_e-bike_Version_2_mit_Freilaufdiode.png
Schaltmodul_e-bike_Version_2_mit_Freilaufdiode.png (19.87 KiB) 11425 mal betrachtet
Schaltmodul_e-bike_Version_1_ohne_Freilaufdiode.png
Schaltmodul_e-bike_Version_1_ohne_Freilaufdiode.png (18.1 KiB) 11425 mal betrachtet

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

Great!

Thanks for all your help :D

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

This thread drifted away from the original subject, but to answer a couple of questions that have been raised here:

The connector is probably a Hipo EB-A 4-pins:
https://www.hipo-systems.com/de/produkte/e-bike.html

I had a contact with Brose who gave me the specs of the front and rear light circuits of their 'S mag' model:

- Front: 12V@2A
- Rear: 12V@.1A

So the front circuit is reasonably powerful, I shouldn't need a relay after all :-)

Antworten