Blinkerbox max voltage

Houston, we have a problem
Antworten
SRB22

Blinkerbox max voltage

Beitrag von SRB22 »

Hello,

I'm considering adding blinkers to an e-bike with a 52V battery. The blinkerbox is rated for 6-55V so on paper this looks good.

However, 52V is only the nominal voltage... when fully charged, the voltage goes much higher than that (58.8V if I remember well).

Would I need a DC-to-DC converter to lower the voltage under the 55V bar or does this limit describe the acceptable *nominal* voltage?

Thanks!

velorian

Re: Blinkerbox max voltage

Beitrag von velorian »

SRB22 hat geschrieben: Mo Mai 23, 2022 9:44 am However, 52V is only the nominal voltage... when fully charged, the voltage goes much higher than that (58.8V if I remember well).
Thanks!
Hello,

we have designed and tested the indicator system for a maximum of 48 volts.
We cannot guarantee operation on a battery with 52 volts because there are no more reserves in the system with that.

It's better to convert to a lower voltage.

Best Regards
Eckehard

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

OK thanks, I'll see if I can find something reasonable.

SRB22

Beitrag von SRB22 »

Hello again,

I just noticed that your FAQ mentions that "The velorian e-bike blinkerset works with an input voltage of 6 - 60 volts direct current, and thus covers all e-bike battery systems on the market."

(https://velorian.de/en/index.php#faq, under " Is the e-bike blinkerset suitable for every e-bike?").

Given the present discussion, this information is misleading and should probably be modified.

Antworten